Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VY] VY/VZ Dash LED Conversion!

Beauzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy spack v6
Awesome :) cant wait to give this a go! With the link to the leds at the start of the thread, do they come in just the 1
Colour?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Is their a reason yours is a darker blue than your mates? Really would like the aqua blue of your mates for mine, as opposed to the dark blue of yours. Are they the same lights, and just look different because of the camera used or?

Cheers :)

u can get a more aqua colour LED (Lighter blue) that ur after. these r found from different manufactures tho, they can vary slightly between each, its just a matter of finding the right 1 ur after.

MEESEN

"SOON"
Reaction score
Members Ride
'03 VY
Yeah that's true you can get pretty much any colour, just need to source them but yeah as i said the 2 photos I had used the same leds

MEESEN

"SOON"
Reaction score
Members Ride
'03 VY
Due to alot of people contacting me about screwing up there own dash i have decided to remove this thread,

Sorry if this is of any inconvenience to anyone....

If you would like a conversion done and live in Victoria i will be happy to do it for you, Here is a link to my site if you are interested.

Cheers everyone,
Meesen

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
hey mate, sent you a PM. Any chance you can email me a copy of the original instructions to the email provided? Thanks!

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
I would love to see this thread revived. I wish to get around to doing the mod eventually. It's a shame you removed the info because of idiots. They knew the risk they were taking, if they weren't capable of doing the job correctly they shouldn't have bothered.

Any chance of PM/emailed instructions for those that are confident in their soldering/electronics abilities?

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
I would love to see this thread revived. I wish to get around to doing the mod eventually. It's a shame you removed the info because of idiots. They knew the risk they were taking, if they weren't capable of doing the job correctly they shouldn't have bothered.

Any chance of PM/emailed instructions for those that are confident in their soldering/electronics abilities?

I agree, would love to do this stuff also.

I was at work when i first found this thread, when the weekend came around when i was going to give it a go.. the guide was gone :( sucks.