Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY/VZ front end conversion on a VU

CountryPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Sorr to all if this has been done repeatedly......i had a quick look at the FAQ and nothing jumped out so here I am......

I'm thinking of swapping the front end of my VU ute for either a VY or VZ. I haven't spent sleepless days and nights over it but i "think" I'll only be up for 1/4 panels, headlights, bonnet and front piece.......

Has anyone tried (successfully) before. I'm wondering are additional holes required, any "persausion" needed of panel work? and the finished result being worth it?

Many thanks.......

black as

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have 2 cars VZ sv8 6 litre and VU ute 5.7 litre
Sorr to all if this has been done repeatedly......i had a quick look at the FAQ and nothing jumped out so here I am......

I'm thinking of swapping the front end of my VU ute for either a VY or VZ. I haven't spent sleepless days and nights over it but i "think" I'll only be up for 1/4 panels, headlights, bonnet and front piece.......

Has anyone tried (successfully) before. I'm wondering are additional holes required, any "persausion" needed of panel work? and the finished result being worth it?

Many thanks.......

Yes it can be done just check out my ute,:w00t: the only thing that doesn't fit is the surround that fits over the wiper assembly.

Cheers