Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] Vy - VZ parts - LSD diff, VZ SS rear IRS setup, vy ss 6 stacker stereo

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
ITEM: VY 3.08 LSD - out of V6 ute - non abs!, slight knock under load. LSD works fine. new oil, with holdens $75 anti shutter additive to try and eliminate knock. Will probably need new crown and pinion.

CONDITION: Used/ needs work

PRICE: SOLD for $22 on ebay SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: Pickup or post at your cost (weighs 33kg)

PAYMENT OPTIONS: Direct Deposit, Funds Transfer or cash on pickup

CONTACT DETAILS: PM, Phone 0400506260

OTHER INFO: Had done 174000. first 119000 as a council ute, next 64 on the highway. Bought the ute in 2007, had the knock from day one. took it back under warranty and they told me it was the spare tyre sliding under acceleration. wasn't until I upgraded the brakes and the spare no longer fitted I removed it and the knock was still there. So I just decided to replace with a cheap ebay LSD diff that had only done 80000.

PICTURES: send me your email addy and i'll send you pics

ITEM: Vy-VZ ss Black blaupunkt 6 stacker CD player.

CONDITION: Used once to test if it worked/ like new

PRICE: SOLd $260 on ebay SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: Pickup or post at your cost - postage will be about $20 nationwide

OTHER INFO:paid $295 on ebay, never installed it. comes with PIN, perfect working order, no scratches or marks, no cracks.

PICTURES:
blaupunkt%206%20stacker%20cd%20black.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150498347636&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

ITEM: VZ SS ute - full rear IRS setup (rear cross member, cv shafts, calibers, discs, hubs, swaybar)

CONDITION: Used

PRICE: $200 neg - on ebay right now. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150499873616&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: Pickup or post at your cost - very heavy!

OTHER INFO: was bought from Ebay, came with diff also but that is now in my ute. discs are rusty, whole unit had been outside for about 2months before I purchased it.

PICTURES: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150498340715&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Last edited:

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
dropping price of stereo and rear cross member assembly $200 and $500 now.

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
ITEM: VZ SS ute - full rear IRS setup (rear cross member, cv shafts, calibers, discs, hubs, swaybar)

CONDITION: Used

PRICE: $500 neg

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: Pickup or post at your cost - very heavy!

OTHER INFO: was bought from Ebay, came with diff also but that is now in my ute. discs are rusty, whole unit had been outside for about 2months before I purchased it.

PICTURES: VZ VY VX rear IRS cross member - axel, brakes, sway bar - eBay Other, Brakes, Car, Truck Parts, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 28-Sep-10 22:50:53 AEST)

this may be a stupid question but would this fit into a vt and if it does would it prevent the camber that the vts do when they have a heavy load? and if i were to swap the discs to my discs so they arent rusty would they fit?
cheers

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
well I know the diff wasn't interchangeable from VT - VY due to the drive shaft setup but, I think the cross member is interchangeable. BUT you would probably be best to call Holden and ask first.

The VZ & VT brakes should be similar in size but the rear VZ SS were slightly larger. They are only surface rusty, not seized. and once you hit the brakes a few times the rust would go away.

Mate If you can pick it up in the next day or so, I'll do it for $300firm.

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
rear assembly on ebay. $51 with 4hrs to go.

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
yep. sold for $54