Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy - vz ss interchanging parts

love the general

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute daily hj gts project
hi all i didn't have any luck with the search function but i'm looking at buying a vy or vz ss ute. I'd love a vz because of the looks but realistically a vy is more in price range. was just wondering will the vz head and tail lights fit the vy. at a quick glance they look the same but i couldn't be sure. or will a vz front fit the vy. thanks for any help

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
but for the front you will need to change the headlights, grille, bumper and bonnet

You wont have an issue with the taillights (check that the wiring looms are the same aswell, cause with the sedans, VY-VZ there different) as for the Headlights see above.

love the general

Reaction score
Members Ride
hi anyone know about the vy cross8 adventra headlights because they're very similar to the vz ss ones. any idea if they'll fit

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
hey mate you can just change the lights from a vz to a vy if you want but you will have the little park light hole at the bottom ... no need to change bonnet but i would change the front bar if you want to do it properly ... what you looking at 6 or 8 ?

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
VY and VZ lights can be swapped.

BUT

The VY lights have more of an angled inside compared to the straight VZ. If you want to put VZ lights on your VY you will need to change the front bumper and if you do that you will need to change the bonnet also.

The wiring is the same.

32593d1168149539-vy-front-bumper-headlight-mod-dsc00295223.jpg

the VZ taillights are bigger. the tops are the same but the bottom is longer and wider. while it will fit, you will need too change the rear bumper to match.

love the general

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok thanks heaps guys and yeah nate i'm looking at a vz ss ute but i have been offered a very tidy vy ss ute at a price thats hard to go past so i might go that way

Harrison

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VYII 3.8L A4
vz front end conversions mean the whole front end, fenders, bumper, grille, bonnet... mate did it to his vt wagon looks amazing but very pricey for looks