Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY/VZ Strut Brace Cost

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
oh, so really they would do sweet f.a right?

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
oh, so really they would do sweet f.a right?

Probably not but like I said a couple of posts up I thought I noticed a slight difference in front end handling. Anyway for fifty seven bucks it's a cheap cosmetic mod when one considers the expense people go to with lowering and that has no benefit to handling when they drive around with the camber at near thirty degrees, not to mention forking out for tyres every 10000 k's.

It even makes handling worse, just read through a few of the posts on this site!

Then there's boot bird perches that don't work until you drive at 160-180 kp/h.

neons....

the list of mods that do nothing is endless.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
OK, ive had the strut brace on for two days i've been driving now. Couldn't really test it last night because the roads were too wet, however i did find that driving in a straight line the suspension felt more responsive (possibly because my struts were flexing under normal load??). Gave it a bit today and tonight, put it through it's paces and it does feel better and more responsive in the corners. Suspension is doing more work (so hopefully it's taking the work from the chassis). Thank god i dont have much work on the engine planned yet though. It's gonna be a pain to remove all the time. So yea, for $45 they're definatly a good thing to do.

VYMAD, hey, i have one of those "bird perches". I know it works, and yes, it REALLY kicks in at those speeds! Havn't had it up at that speed that many times though. I reckon it looks good though, so i dont care what people say (people seem to be split roughly 50/50 on the topic too [just search about topics on them]). No neons though, i can't stand them, especially outside the vehicle. Although i had one in the boot, because it looked good with my sound system in my old vehicle. And used less power than the original light. That's about all i consider OK, although some installs inside a vehicle can look good.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
That's right it really is a matter of each to their own. Many mods do nothing for performance, some do, others are just to "look good" in the eyes of the beholder. What one person likes, another one doesn't. But if you like something then I reckon do it and be proud of it.

My interior gets all sorts of "oooh's" and "aaaah's" on a positive level from my passengers, but when I posted a few pics on this forum I got mainly negative feed back. Who cares what peoples opinions of our mods are, we like them right?