Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY/VZ Strut Brace Cost

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Anyone here know how much a genuine Strut Brace costs directly from Holden at the moment? All spare parts places are closed now, and i just came into some money i might have for it :)

Secondly, in the VY and VZ's it has the bolts already in the vehicle, but does the Strut Brace come with the nuts to secure it?

lukeyVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Executive 2
your kidding $60?? i was quoted like $200 odd for an aftermarket one, is the genuine one any good?

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
The holden one does pretty much fek all... you wont notice a massive difference putting it on.

Holden marketing wanted it on there to make the car look more "sporty"

For a strut brace to be 100% effective the bar has to be straight. Any bends in the bar is basially a pivit point for the stresses generated which pretty much cancels out any reason to have one in the first place...

Whiteline do one for the commo. Look im not saying it wont do anything for your car, i couldnt tell a difference in mine, but the money could be spent elsewhere on the suspension for a more dramatic difference :)

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
Got a genuine one about 3 weeks ago approx $46.00 and $3 for the nuts and it did make the front of mine less prone to body roll, it is a stato though its not exactly a high speed cornering machine.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Anyone here know how much a genuine Strut Brace costs directly from Holden at the moment? All spare parts places are closed now, and i just came into some money i might have for it :)

Secondly, in the VY and VZ's it has the bolts already in the vehicle, but does the Strut Brace come with the nuts to secure it?

$60 from Holden. Kevin Dennis supplies them with the nuts. Not sure on the size but they are the same as the exhaust manifold nuts (13mm socket and course pitched thread. They are an effective and cheap unit.

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
I Got Mine $60 From Holden And I When To AutoBarn And They Wanted $200 The Holden 1 Did The Job Nicely

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Dont waste your money on it. For any road going vehicle they do NOTHING heck, i didnt even notice the difference between using a holden/whiteline and nothing at a track day.

Great placebo mod though, everyone seems to think they actually make a difference.

Anyway, price at holden is $48, which includes nuts. Each dealer will probably vary depending on how much they are shafting the community. Just give a couple of local ones a call.

Last edited:

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Dont waste your money on it. For any road going vehicle they do NOTHING heck, i didnt even notice the difference between using a holden/whiteline and nothing at a track day.

Great placebo mod though, everyone seems to think they actually make a difference.

Probably because they do? My ute was shitloads stiffer up the front right after i put all my bits in. I know the sway bars probably are to blame for most of this, but i doubt the strut brace just sits there smiling.