Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY VZ Wagon Parking Sensor installation instructions - Genuine Holden

speedyvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim Wagon
Has any got a copy of the installation manual for the genuine parking sensors for a VY/VZ Wagon? I acquired a set from a wrecker today.

Cheers guys!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I purchased a genuine reverse warning kit for my VY years ago but don't have the instructions now, unfortunately. However, I recall that the kit included full scale paper templates which were taped in place on the bumper facia to give a precise positioning of each sensor. The basic setup is quite simple and you connect the kit to the taillight wiring, I think on the driver's side.
It's really only fiddly working out the sensor positioning without those templates.

speedyvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim Wagon
hmmmmm..... that template could be handy! I wonder if the instructions themselves can actually be purchased on their own?

I plucked 4 mounting brackets for them off the back of the bumper, I was going to just locate them into the corresponding tabs behind the bumper and then drill carefully from behind the bumper through the mounting bracket if that makes sense.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The wagon might be different because I don't recall any brackets being required on the sedan. The sensors just pushed into the facia but the holes need to be very precise.

speedyvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim Wagon
Do you know the part number for the instruction manual? Maybe you can still buy that on its own? Then I can upload the templates for future diy-ers?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
No, sorry. It was 2008 when I bought the kit. Long gone and forgotten. The car's long gone too.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I received a copy of the genuine workshop manual the other day, I will have a look and let you know if there are any instructions. Won't be until tonight or tomorrow though.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Ok, so the manual only lists reverse sensors for the sedan, fitting instructions attached.

Attachments

• VY Reverse Sensors.pdf
    658 KB · Views: 715

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Are you certain the sensors you have bought are genuine or aftermarket? I have to admit I haven't seen a VT/VZ wagon fitted with them before.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Are you certain the sensors you have bought are genuine or aftermarket? I have to admit I haven't seen a VT/VZ wagon fitted with them before.

Im with caliber, either non genuine, or adapted Sedan sensors