Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY - VZ Wiper assembly in to a VT - VX

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this. I have a VX, but I want to put a VY or VZ windscreen wiper assembly in to my car, so I can shave the holes in the Bonnet, and have the washer jets in the wiper assembly(About to respray the car, so figured I'd shave everything I could).

It seems that the plastic is different and therefore the bonnet shape is different, but has anyone worked around this? I was considering seeing if perhaps the original assembly can be modified to have the jets inserted in to them, I guess it would be a lot of mucking around though.

Has anyone successfully done this?

dzach23

Bra Bra Potato Potato
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina Series 1 genesis blue
Member on here "LthlThrt" had a vz front on his vt.
And if i remember right when he changed back to the standard vt front, he left the vz wiper assembly on and it fit's but it's not perfect.
Anyway shoot him a pm, he could probably help you out.

I never realised the water jet's were not located in the bonnet on a vy/z... would be a nice subtle mod

Last edited:

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
Member on here "LthlThrt" had a vz front on his vt.
And if i remember right when he changed back to the standard vt front, he left the vz wiper assembly on and it fit's but it's not perfect.
Anyway shoot him a pm, he could probably help you out.

I never realised the water jet's were not located in the bonnet on a vy/z... would be a nice subtle mod

Oh awesome, I remember seeing the VZ front on his car on here, I might ask him. Cheers!