Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy wagon electrical issue

Joeyrom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Wagon
Hi guys. Had a quick search and had some tips come up that I can check, but nothing specific to my problem so figured I'd ask.

So I was trying to fix my rear right tail light as the brake and reverse lights weren't working. The tail light and indicator does work. Checked the bulbs and they were fine. While switching the bulbs around between left to right to double check, I had left bulbs out of one side and turned the ignition on and put it in reverse. A warning light and beep showed on the dash saying there was an ABS issue and the traction control turned off.

After putting the bulbs back everything seemed fine, but now when I put the car in reverse with the headlights on the traction control turns off and can't be turned back on without a key cycle. Everything works as it should if the headlights are off. There hasn't been a warning about the ABS since putting the bulbs back.

I have noticed the tail light that doesn't work properly is more dim than the other side and depending on which bulbs I had plugged in the brake light would barely just come on.

I assume this is an earth issue but figured I'd ask about it as the traction control turning off based on if there's lights on has me stumped.

Cheers.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
To rest the earth theory simply push a wire down the side of the bulb as you fit the buklb, then screw the other end of the wire to a screw in a metal panel in the boot.
Make sure you have the correct bulb in each respective socket i.e indicator stop tail.