Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Wagon Tailgate latch

Nchalada

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX Series II Lumina Wagon, V6, Auto
Greetings. I've just had the motor in my VX blow up, and found a fairly decent VY to replace it.

However, the tailgate latch doesn't work, you can just lift the tailgate without pressing the button.

Planning on stealing the latch from the VX cause that one works, but am wondering how hard it's going to be to replace it.

Also, the bonnet strut screws are missing, and wondering what kind and size of screw/bolt I need for them.

Cheers
Nchy

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Greetings. I've just had the motor in my VX blow up, and found a fairly decent VY to replace it.

However, the tailgate latch doesn't work, you can just lift the tailgate without pressing the button.

Planning on stealing the latch from the VX cause that one works, but am wondering how hard it's going to be to replace it.

Also, the bonnet strut screws are missing, and wondering what kind and size of screw/bolt I need for them.

Cheers
Nchy
You should be able to take the inner trim off first, unscrew and remove anything attached to the latch mechanism. The bonnet struts are a allen bolt. Size ?

Nchalada

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX Series II Lumina Wagon, V6, Auto
Cheers.