Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY, Wheels & Springs

daniel555

Custom VY Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
G'day.

Im new here, So hey all.

Just curious about a few things on springs and wheels.
Im getting King SSL's for the rear and SL's for the front, because they guy who i spoke to said to get them because if u get SSL's all round the back tends to rise up a little. So im just wondering, Could someone post a pic of a VY on SSL's all round, And SSL's at rear and SL's at front?

Also, I want to get 20" wheels, But ive heard if u get 20" wheels your going to have to get your suspension done, Or use the wrong tyre and you'll go through tyres every 10,000km.

Thanks. :)

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Have a look in the My Ride section. heaps of the cars there have the SSL and SL set up. You should expect either just above or a tiny bit of tyre tuck.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
they will fit good idea to get guards rolled and ur going to need a camber kit so your tyres wear properly

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Well like you said you want good colours so chrome is already out of the picture. Black with a chrome lip seem to look quite good.

daniel555

Custom VY Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Yeah, I was thinking a deep dish wheel with a Gun Metal Rim, With a Chrome lip or something.

One more thing, When i spoke to one of the KING spring people, They said if i got SSL's on the rear, And SL's on the front, The car will drop 100mm. True?

Thanks.