Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY window issue :\

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Hey guys,
VY SII S pack commodore
I've just finished up installing a sound system in my car. In the process I replaced the front speakers with 6.5" splits, and had to use an mdf spacer so that the speaker would fit in the factory pod. My door trims went on fine, the speakers touch the trim slightly and they bulge out slightly, but all screws are in and holding it on.

Problem I'm having is my power windows don't go all the way down, the passanger side stops after about 2/3 of the window has been wound down (maybe slightly more) and the driver's side stops at about 3/4 of the way down. Both speaker pods we're exactly the same as the factory ones (because they are the factory ones), put back in the door the same way, the only thing different is the fact that the speakers bulge the trim out slightly.

Any ideas on what's causing the windows to not go down all the way?

Thanks

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
perhaps the back of the speakers or the wiring is getting caught? Take off the door trims and remove the speakers and see if it still does it.

AUSFITTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS series 2
Yeah sounds like the magnet or cabling is hitting the window. Some people have had to make mdf baffles/spacers to give them that extra space, plus that does also improve the sound slightly aswell.