Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY wont open or start with remote or key

Bigartie11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute 3.6
Ive parked my car for over a week and tried to open it today.It wouldnt open with the remote or key, except the tailgate.I climbed in to try and open the door with no luck and tried to start it and got nothing,no ignition lights either.Whats the story?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Id say the battery in the car had died. You have to open the bonnet, supply power to your flat battery, (or replace it with a charged battery) and then the doors etc will open. I had this happen the other week when I had a faulty alternator on my VY that was draining the battery overnight..

clark522

Reaction score
id check your battery, but that doesnt explain why it wouldnt open with the key?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Ive read somewhere before that the door can still be opened manually with the key if you get a flat battery, but the locking button wont pop up when the key is turned to show that its open.. I didnt bother trying this, as I have a wagon and I just got in through the rear door, opend the bonnet, put power to the dead battery and unlocked the doors with the remote as normal.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
What Brett said, the lock won't pop-up but you should still be able to open the door manually. It goes into dead-lock mode when the battery goes flat, however the key-hole may still be in non dead-lock mode, try turing the key the opposite way first (left horizontal), then back again.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Had the same happen, just climb under the car, connect the positive jumper cable to the battery positive, and clamp the negative on any metal on the car, subframe etc. then quickly connect the jump leads to another battery and quickly unlock the car because the alarm will go off as soon as you connect the jump leads

Bigartie11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute 3.6
It was a very flat battery,I charged it for a day and it`s all good so far