Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY2 Fuel Gauge Error. Dash already been calibrated

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
So my dash has started coming up with the fuel gauge error and after reading other posts I've checked with Holden with my vin and they've said it has already had the recalibration. I have a friend with a Tech2 and it's saying voltage to high in the error codes for the dash.

The error message isn't on once either it's almost constantly beeping when driving and does stop beeping once you stop at the lights (error message still on screen).

Could it be the fuel sender or pump on its way out or is the dash stuffed

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
Similar thing happened to me mate, when it first happened the fuel error message would display on dash and it kept going on and off which was very annoying and the fuel gauge was showing empty. Eventually it just stayed on so i replaced the fuel sender. This fixed the problem and i could see the cause of the faulty sender when i had it out which was a broken piece of metal which moves on sender contacts.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
Yeah I had a feeling it was the sender since it's constantly beeping. I will get that replaced then