Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VYII Berlina ABS intermittent fail

rumbear

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina sedan
Hi All,
I have started getting an ABS fail warning with a loud ascending warning tone, at the same time the SRS light comes on.
I noticed today when the fault occurred there was a tiny box with a cross in it showing below the degree symbol on the climate LCD panel.
I found I could reproduce the fault by applying pressure to the ABS connector, so took it off and sprayed it with contact cleaner. This worked briefly, but now the failure is back again.
It is fairly intermittent.
A dealer tells me it is going to be a new ABS module at some outlandish price? I have had a service reminder coming up for ages which was never cleared, could this cause an issue?
Any ideas would be welcome.
Thanks.

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
The service reminder won't cause a ABS failure however a dry solder joint or corroded connection will. I'd say step a few things up and pull the bugger right out and have yourself good look/clean (abrasive clean on contacts) ect.

Just for fun. why don't you clear the service reminder before it gets a bit over the top and stores the fail to service info into your BCM permanently ;)