Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VYII Climate control vacuum leak help

BERVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina Int Wag 6cyl
My Berlina will divert the vent fan to the windscreen when the car is under load (say going up a slight hill). It seems to be a fairly common problem and searching through various forums there is a suggestion to change the black & white plastic valve just behind the engine block which I did but it didn't fix the problem.

So I assume there must be a vacuum leak somewhere else.

Has anyone got any suggestions or pointers as to how I locate this?

Any help is appreciated. Cheers.

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
i find my car will divert the vent fan to the windscreen when the car is 'on' (without starting the car), and randomly when driving, for like 10 seconds at a time

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
i find my car will divert the vent fan to the windscreen when the car is 'on' (without starting the car).
Mine does that, but no issues when the car is running.

BERVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
My guess is that without the motor running there is no vacuum. But if it does it when driving then there is a vacuum leak somewhere, apparently.

BERVY

Reaction score
Members Ride

vywagon1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Berlina wagon
Climate control vacuum leak

I have the same issue with mine and apparently it is a $20 part from Holden which is in behind the climate control. Holdens have said there is 2 there so your better off replacing both at the same time. But you do have pull the dash apart to get to it.:thumbsup:

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
I have the same issue with mine and apparently it is a $20 part from Holden which is in behind the climate control. Holdens have said there is 2 there so your better off replacing both at the same time. But you do have pull the dash apart to get to it.:thumbsup:

it will be an actuator, if you cant work out which one it is replace both, they are on the bottom of the case, not easy to replace but not too bad