Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VYII Exhaust - Help

nicksav

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8 HBD
Hi all
New to the forum
I own a HBD VYII Commodore and am looking to do my exhaust to add bit of grunt but nothing overboard
I have been reading the forum for a while now and read alot about catback systems and wouldn't mind a little more info on them if anyone could help...

Also as im not too great with cars myself I would like to get it done for me and if anyone could give me some ideas on places around the eastern suburbs of Melbourne it would be greatly appreciated.

Also any ideas on price would help alot too.

Thanks, Nick

Lady Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais
put this is the VY section of the forums and you might get some answers lol

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Well technically speaking, he put it into a category which is look at more, so I doubt it.

OT: Alot of people seem to like Redback or Lukey 2.5" exhaust just for something simple, off shelf and cheap (I THINK roughly $200-300)

There's an custom exhaust maker in Hallam that does them for like $280-$320 which is a different sound to everyone else.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
You will want a single 2.5" pipe for starters.

From there you have options like brand, off the shelf or custom like DevilDRake said, to run a rear resi, to have a straight through pipe or to have a hotdog in the rear.
I'm in the same decision making process at the moment too but I'm leaning towards a Lukey 2.5" system with a hotdog in the rear.
Be warned, do not get a eBay exhaust as they are pretty much all for series 1 VY's only and will not fit the series 2 VY's as they have dual cats.