Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VYII SS missing badly but only in wet.....

AnDy17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Commodore "S"
g'day all. my ss is off the road at the moment so can't get it to a diagnostic tool. when being driven in the wet it develope's a huge miss no matter what the speed or rev's. have changed lead's and plug's and are a bit stumped as to what is next. have spoken to a few mechanic's, even holden dealership's and they are cluless as to what it could be off the top of their head's. any idea's please?

I had the same problem just change your injectors

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
check injectors as posted above, if that doesnt bring any joy. i would be checking the tune out, do a log and watch what's happening+where its happening (the deadspot) would be a good way to start

jonnyturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII SS
took the car out for a sneaky drive in the wet the other day (lost licence). it wasn't heavy rain but should've been enough to make it play up. also put it through a carwash that uses water blaster's as this does it too and nothing happened. 1st time drivin in wet since last mod's which included bigger injector's, so maybe that was the issue. just a bit lost as to how the wet would affect the injector's as they are sealed.