Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VYII SS rebuild, I need a mechanic to do it Gold Coast

LOR-411

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Executive
G'day,

I hope I've posted this is in the right area. I'm looking at buying a VYII SS with lots of Ks on it and I want someone to rebuild the engine, brakes, suspension, steering. I'll also need you to view the car and give your opinion and transport it to your workshop to do the work.

Why, you ask?

Well, I live in Normanton and do a lot of driving between here, the Gold Coast and Melbourne and my VXII Executive is a great reliable car but I want to put money into a VYII SS (I love 'em and always wanted one). I know I can put this sort of money into a clean VE SS but I would rather a VYII and after doing the work I know I'll have a car I'll have no worries about. I'm not looking for over the top modifications but keeping it to Holden specs but with better quality stuff; meaning for example, keep the suspension to FE2 specs but using higher quality components. Also, I'm only really looking to balance the engine and get it breathing a bit better. No quarter mile stuff.

So, if anyone can point me in the right direction to reliable businesses or mechanics it would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bruce

vyssred

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ls1
Does Car Drive? What do you call ALOT of K`s plus IMO 2 pay a mechanic to do all this will cost you more than car is worth
You should be able to find able person not mechanic to do most of the suspension work As with the engine well I am needing to rebuild a lot of my engine and just researching ahead of myself and I have found it could well be cheaper exp if u have to pay for labour to buy a new engine

to sum up prob work out cheaper for you to buy one with low k`s in saying that Ive had mine for 6 yrs it had 120k on it and I flog it day in day out now 311k just stated to need lifters and general top end rebuild (cheap) with out labour cost.

good luck !