Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VYII SS ute, engine missing, temp gauge going crazy...

schlompy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SSII ute
Hey guys been having a couple of really strange things happen while im driving all at the same time. Doesnt matter if I'm on the highway or if I'm doing 40 up the street. Have had the analyser hooked up and there aren't any faults...

Whats happening is the engine feels like its missing, the second it happens the temp gauge drops to zero. Not like its got no power but thats its acually reading dead cold. It usually comes good by it self but the other day I had to pull over it was so bad, sat in neutral and the revs were up at 2000 steady then dropped to idle, then almost stalled before returning to normal. Since then I've had it happen a couple more times. Went to Holden and they couldnt help.... was hoping someone knows something I dont.
I've had suggested that it could be a fuel pressure regulator or a knock sensor or crank angle sensor.. but no-one has explained how any of that could affect all these things all at the same time.

Oh and to make it more strange if the A/C is on cold it starts pumping out hot air....

Any help will be appreciated cause I've got no idea....
Its a 2004 SS Series 2 M6, 110,000kms with full exhaust and SS inductions growler kit...

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
i cant really help out but i had this same issue with my vy v6 and it was bad earth ..

Ryan S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ss
Hey mate did you work out what this problem was? As i am having the exact same problem at the moment cheers in advance

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Umm temp sensor ????