Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vyss wheels rubbing on front strut

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Sometimes I think part of it is checking forums on phones and possible comprehension skills o_O

I’ll give OP the benefit of the doubt as he’s on,y posted a handful of times :p

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Not legal like that.
Your insurance company won’t like it one little bit and neither will the law.
Did you actually get a roadworthy certificate with it like that?
Anyway you’ve been told what to do before you crash it and hurt somebody or something.

Pointless comment is pointless. Great help.

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
I have 245,30,20's on my vx and have never had any issues on the front end. I have on the rear though with the camber being out and wearing the inner edge of the tyre. A common problem I've been told from vt to vz when you change to 20's. My car is not ridiculously low though so it has to be a ride height (suspension) issue.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I have 245,30,20's on my vx and have never had any issues on the front end. I have on the rear though with the camber being out and wearing the inner edge of the tyre. A common problem I've been told from vt to vz when you change to 20's. My car is not ridiculously low though so it has to be a ride height (suspension) issue.

It's not the 20s, it's just the design of Holden's crappy IRS, it's amplified when you change the height at all. Wheel size doesn't have any effect on camber, would still do it on 15s. Camber kit is the go.

As for the strut rubbing mentioned by OP before, changing the springs won't do anything as the spring seat is static in relation to the wheel.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@immortality, just curious, is this the type of member we really want on these forums... one that throws racist insults about when some reply doesn’t meet his high standards?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Lets all calm down a bit. The OP is in NZ and our laws regarding wheels are a bit different and we run a different vehicle inspection regime too.

Lets give the OP the benefit of the doubt, he's come and asked for help and some members are spouting on about the law rather than giving useful advice.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There was one and the post has been removed. Lets leave it there.