Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ 05 wont cank over...ecu, bcm, sensors? PLZ HELP

mx_chik

Reaction score
Members Ride
253 hilux
Hey guys i have read through other threads on here to try sorting out my issue but each one is a little different to my situation so thought id list the specifics.

Its an 05 VZ as stated (auto), last night we went to go out for dinner and it wouldnt start. Just ticking at the stater motor no cranking. It was first claiming an ABS fault, then later, low fuel, service and SRS airbags. i have checked terminals, battery, starter wires and reset the ecu. since reseting, the ignition wont even turn on so i cant even system check to get an error. Has anyone experienced this before please help!!

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
all the faults appearing also tells a dead battery. my battery went and said abs fault a week before it died

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
+1 dead battery
the abs module doesnt have enough voltage to wake up and so sets codes in ipc "abs fault"
light goes out if jump start if battery fault as altenator takes over the supply job of voltage

else worst case scenario intermittant no clicking and no start is earth inside ECM needing new engine control module
replace battery check if any lights on then repost here!~

Chrain01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore V6
Had same issues, had new battery as old one was stuffed but all faults came after new battery was installed, just came from Holden and after two days they found the ipc not communicating correctly and throwing the same codes abs srs low fuel etc .. might help someone with similar faults