Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ 2004 holden commodore ss 5.7l motor accelerator pedal no, 92210500, replacement

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Hi @crisp. That first link is in Brest France.

Oops! It is - good pick up.

The element14 is also an import, but the local branch does all the shipping from the UK (or wherever the stock is located).

If I were giving it a go, I’d probably give the stuff from element14 a go first.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
At least we know what other car used those pedals. McLaren :oops:

I just found one the same as mine on eBay, second hand, "...447", $1000!!! Tell 'em there're dreamin'.
Glad I got in and bought an accelerator pedal for my SSV while its still only $200!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have three pedals, one new, one near new and one SH. Both my new SSV pedals cost me under $150ea.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Glad I got in and bought an accelerator pedal for my SSV while its still only $200!

I have three pedals, one new, one near new and one SH. Both my new SSV pedals cost me under $150ea.

I was a bit sceptical and thinking that you two might have been over imagining a parts supply issue, however I think that you might be on the right track if the same supply issues arise with the 6.0L (and 6.2L) accelerator pedals as well.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The issue is that most things VZ-VE are no longer being produced. So once stocks are depleted that's the end of the genuine part.

People have said for a few years that the aftermarket suppliers will fill the gaps, but that theory is already proving flawed. There are literally 1000s of parts that may never be made by aftermarket and NOS will become a valuable commodity. I have a mate who loves his old Gen II and he has boxes and boxes of good SH parts that he has collected over many years. He knows that certain things are never going to be replicated, and it will the same for all the V Series Holden's.

Tomorrow I plan on ordering a firewall insulator for the VE. There were about 40 left in the country a week ago and there are no plans to produce any more. I may never fit mine but at least I will have the part if I choose too.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
$1000 bucks 2nd hand wooo

perthvzsv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ5.7SV8A42005
I went through trying to buy one, contacted the compny that made them in the UK.
I tried australia wide and new zealand and south africa, could not cind one new or used, seriously bad news.
My vz is a low kms car 2005 SV8 with 68,000 whwn i bought it.
I have the correct part number and for it is worth the label on the accelerator pedal is blue instead of white.
I messed up my throttle body by putting the blade back in the wrong way , which must have stuck which threw 3 codes up, i was to say the least extremely upset at my rookie mistake, why didnt i run a texta over the blade and shaft, i been playing with cars since i was 14 and im almost 60 now , anyway it is what it is, so i bought a scan tool off envious cutoms and it told me what was had it, it was the throttle controller which lives under the passengers footwell, so i got a new throttle controller and a new throttle body and fitted it all up , and fortunately the faults were gone, so all good, this all took a month, but the point i make is that i thought my throttle pedal unit was at fault so was rushing around trying to find one, but once i ran the scan i was lucky that it was other things, if you are sure the pedal assembly is at fault all good, if your not sure contact envyous customs here in WA its only about 90 odd dollars but a great tool to confirm what is had it, im an old guy and i managed to load the program etc, but believe me it was a steep learning curve, but without it my car would still be sitting in the driveway, no use to anyone. envyous customs is a forum sponsor on this site, i have no association with them etc, just telling you what worked for me and saved me potentially 1000,s really.
I hope some of this helps you mate, if not good luck finding a pedal, if you need the throttle controller from under the passenger footwell, i have a spare one, i bought 2 as they were the only ones for sale a month or so ago, .
For what it is worth i carefully pulled apart the throttle peddle assembly to check that no fingers were fused, and they were not, if they are, you will have never ending problems, also the black ink colour arcs in my case were good, if there is metal showing then they short out or something, although the mob in the UK say on there website there throttle units can do 2.2 million movements before problems arise

Reactions: Lex

perthvzsv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ5.7SV8A42005
I truely hope some of this helps mate, it seems like the vz 5.7 ls1 is the lost sheep without much backup in some respects
Like eventually no throttle pedal units will be of use, so then what?
I actually emailed the mob in the UK and asked is there any lubricant, liquid or dry that can extend the life of that component, so far no reply, the fingers i told you about are tiny delicate things but i guess as time moved on they got to do contactless versions, lol, which does not help us much, cheers mate and good luck, if i can be of help please pm me here , no problem at all
Cheers mate