Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ 2004 V8 SS Ute possible BCM issue??

HoldenON4EVA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 V8 2004 Ute
Has just recently started happening the last week. Indicators flash alternatively between the Driver and Passenger side when locked with key fob, approximately 16 flashes on drivers side and 16 flashes on passenger side and cycles thru x 3 times and stops. Happens 85% of the time when locked with key fob, always the same 3 x cycles and stops.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Have you checked for any Codes,
I haven't read or heard of this happening,
however, I would say as a guess, its telling you something needs to be attended to.

HoldenON4EVA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 V8 2004 Ute
however, I would say as a guess, its telling you something needs to be attended to.
Thanks mate, Didnt think 2 check 4 codes will check it out with my OBD2 blu-tooth scanner and drop the codes on here,

HoldenON4EVA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 V8 2004 Ute
No fault codes..Connected my OBD2 dongle and didnt see any fault codes from the ECU. Might just disconnect battery and wait 10mins and reconnect and see if the issue goes away. CHECKED the interwebs for similar issue..Zero finds..i do have an engine immobiliser which seems to work just fine. Yeah Strange one...will try battery 2moro and post back here.

HoldenON4EVA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 V8 2004 Ute
Removed battery and reconnected and issue went away for about a day and returned again...arhhh just gunna lock manually with Key so it doesnt look retarded walking away after locking with key fob and it starts talking to me..batteries also replaced in key fob too

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Are you certain it doesn't have an after market security system fitted???

HoldenON4EVA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 V8 2004 Ute
Brought ute brand new in 2004 with immobilizer from holden dealership and alarm fitted. Never missed a beat and works fine. Installed GPS tracker 2 years ago its not tied to any light circuits or door circuits.
Strange one as its only started 2+ weeks ago...Central locking indicator lights work fine when locked and unlocked..same sounds and flashes as always...hazards work fine on their own. Its got me beat, will check all fuses inside and inside engine bay and i also used a wired in OBD reader just to negagate any issues with my bluetooth adapter and same "no fault codes detected"
Gunna try my spare set of keys 2moro incase its not liking my current key fob for some reason.
When i lock with key in the drivers door key barrel no issues..only when locking with key fob car will run thru flashing cycle x 3 times and stops.

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
So, there is an extra key fob, not just the buttons on the key head?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If an alarm is fitted, then that's a whole other set of possible causes if the alarm itself is faulty.

HoldenON4EVA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 V8 2004 Ute
So, there is an extra key fob, not just the buttons on the key head?
No extra Key fob..just the std buttons on the key head. To unlock/lock vehicle which alarms the vehicle at the same time..alarm was fitted at dealer when first purchased brand along with the engine immobiliser.
Might disconnect immobliser and alarm and see if the indicators still flash when i use the key to lock the vechile..to.natrow down whats at fault.