Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ 2005 V6 ecotec Fuel Error Warning now won't start

auspnx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive wagon
Low Fuel warning over a few weeks, then had to Remove the Starter module and Jump it between 30 and 87 ( can't remember just now ) anyway it started after that a few times by doing that trick, but Now 'when it's Jumped only the fans come on 'it won't let me Start ~ Computer ? ECU Locked me out ? Any Help Greatly Appreciated

Last edited:

kaos kid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6
sames happening with me

Last edited:

auspnx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive wagon
sames happening with me exept when i bridge 37 and 80 it still works. just grateful its not my main car

Thank you for getting back to me 'as no one else has bothered. Please let me know if you find out 'what the cause of this is, as i could only use the bridging trick 30 87 four times, before it locked me out. regards Phil.

kaos kid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6
will probably need new ecu,bcm,pim

Last edited:

auspnx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive wagon
bcm ? what is this one ?, haha ecu i know, i am car savvy, but not up on all the tech references, But thank you again for responding koas, this car sitting there is pissing me off, i remember someone saying if you replace the ecu 'you then need New keys coded to it ?

kaos kid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6
Body Control Module

Last edited:

auspnx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive wagon
thank you kaos

Dward0268

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ commodore S
Hi,
I have the same problem. Low fuel warning then the cluster instrument fault comes on and I can't start it. The fault seems intermittent and I have checked the sender unit and its all good. Do you think I can find a wiring diagram to see where the wire goes from the sender ?? Noooo. If anyone by some chance has a wiring diagram that shows the fuel system of a vz ute, I can keep looking into it. From all research I have done thus far I think its a programming issue within the ECU....

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
I have started getting a low fuel warning even though I have a full tank.

Last edited:

Dward0268

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ commodore S
So I have done some research and have found that the fuel sender unit signal goes to the ECU, Plug B pins 25 and 42. I resistance checked these pins and it was good to go. I even gave the car a bit of a shake to see that the float moves, which it does. All my thoughts are pointing towards the ECU is not processing the information to the instrument cluster. I will be interested to see if my car has the 40 litre tank issue.
I don't think that until I get a new ECU fitted that I would be able to offer any further help. My next step after getting an ECU and hoping that it fixes the problem is that I start modifying the float position and to make sure I have accuracy towards the emptier end of the indication.