Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ 2006 Calais Tail lights

VR Acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
I've a mint Vz 06 6lt calais. Sometime ago the rear LHS tail light was broken and instead or replacing the tail light, a full set of a lesser model have been installed. Still have the rear right but can not locate a left hand fitting and think now years later a new set complete set is the way to go.
Ive 2 questions.
Is the 05 and 06 calais fittings the same or is there a difference between the 2 as the 06 model was upgraded with the 6ltr engine, were the fittings updated too? I just want to keep it as original as I can.
My final question is if I'm to buy 2 new fittings who is the best supplier? I did have a Ve Sv6 and upgraded the tail lights, the quality was great but the light given off was a little more pink than red.

Can anyone please help me with either of my questions please..

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There’s a few inconsistencies here.
The VY and VZ Calais had tail lights that are NOT interchangeable with lower spec models.
If such a thing was to be done, you would have had to replace the rear bumper with an SS or Exec model. That’s a lot of cost. More than the Calais tail lights would have been in the first place.

So, you will also need to cost in a Calais rear bumper and Calais tail lights. Maybe respray cost of the Calais bumper to freshen it up or colour match it.

There was no change in cosmetics in the ‘06 update.
Slight change in wiring harnesses relating to the 6ltr motor is about all there was.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
New lights will be after market replicas.
Second hand will need a heavy polish with plastic polishing compounds to restore them. You’ll be paying top dollar.