Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ 2006 Speaker Ideas?

Johnny593

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2006
You can use your factory H/U with aftermarket speakers.
Some aftermarket headunits come with steering wheel control adapters, but they are generally only high end headunits from what I've seen, don't often see it available in entry level units (my experience)

Would a factory H/U be able to use something like Pioneer 6 X 9" 3-way Speaker - Speakers - JB Hi-Fi - Smashing Prices! or would it be best for me to get a head unit first and see the difference with my stock door speakers?
Carl Blance thinks I should get a new head unit so I'm not sure what to do now :/

Last edited:

Carl Blance

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VX 2001
Best thing to do is buy this
VY-VZ Commodore 2DIN FACIA KIT + STEERING WHEEL CONTROL HARNESS + ISO + MORE!! | eBay
It comes with everything you need, and try buy a $150/$200 double din Headunit

Or buy this

VY-VZ Commodore DIN FACIA KIT + STEERING WHEEL CONTROL HARNESS + ISO + MORE!! | eBay

And buy a single din headunit which you will get more out of then a double din with your current budget.

I'll post a video of my headunit and the sound the stock speakers make tomorrow hopefully you will get some idea

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
You would notice a much bigger difference with better speakers, you wouldn't notice much difference with stock speakers and a new headunit.

Johnny593

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2006
@Carl Blance I've had a look at those and I've selected a double din I want to get so I might be getting them sometime next week but I'd love to hear see that video :)

@Sweefu I think If I get a new headunit, I'll end up buying new rear speakers in the new future too. I wouldn't mind a new headunit for the aux point so I'd love to see the difference.
I also use a FM transmitter for all my music at the moment so maybe even with new speakers there won't be much a difference due to the quality of the fm transmitter

Carl Blance

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VX 2001
You would notice a much bigger difference with better speakers, you wouldn't notice much difference with stock speakers and a new headunit.

You are wrong about the headunit lol if you have some shitty headunit like sony then it wont make much of a difference.. But with something like pioneer, alpine you can notice it a lot more if you tune it which isn't to hard just dont put the gains too high on stock speakers.

Johney go to like repco, supercheap and play around with their headunits that are running on the wall to see what you can tune and maybe go into an audio store and ask what they recommend in your price range. Then buy it off ebay which it should be cheaper. Try get a pioneer or maybe JVC at the very least, dont touch panasonic (panaSHIT) or sony xplod (sony explodes)

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
Best thing to do is buy this
VY-VZ Commodore 2DIN FACIA KIT + STEERING WHEEL CONTROL HARNESS + ISO + MORE!! | eBay
It comes with everything you need, and try buy a $150/$200 double din Headunit

Or buy this

VY-VZ Commodore DIN FACIA KIT + STEERING WHEEL CONTROL HARNESS + ISO + MORE!! | eBay

And buy a single din headunit which you will get more out of then a double din with your current budget.

I'll post a video of my headunit and the sound the stock speakers make tomorrow hopefully you will get some idea

this is what id be doing... then front splits when you next get some cash...

Johnny593

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2006
So I shouldn't be getting the double din i posted in my last post?

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
Get a headunit that you like the look of and works well... the kenwood unit looked ok to me, i went for a single din pioneer with bluetooth in my old car for 200. also go in to JB or SCA and actually ask what the lowest price they can do is... i got my DVD pioneer unit for under 700 with camera and ipod cable, versus the ebay price out of thailand for 650 with no extras (225 worth) and 1 week shipping... and the advertised price in JB was 968 i believe. so its seriously worth asking the question... just go out and find one that you like at JB or SCA or where ever and find the best price you can on it...