Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ 2006 Thudding & Steering Off

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Here's a new one now,

My sister has been borrowing my car all week and yesterday afternoon when she came home she told me half way home my wagon started vibrating so I took it for a test drive and to my shock it's actual got a really bad thudding feel and my steering wheel is no longer straight it has gone to the right slightly and it's making this thud thing from the get go. Tried to get to my nearest Beaurepaires shop but they were closed so I had to limp home.

Has anyone else experienced this before ??? I say it's one of the bearing's ???

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Cause could be one of several mechanical issues. Jack the front of the vehicle and check each wheel for tightness, rotation, bent components etc. Perhaps your sister collided with a kerb or pot-hole !! Vibrations and or noises usually indicate a major problem. Suggest you don't drive the vehicle until you are satisfied it is safe and complies with roadworthiness.

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Waiting for my mechanic to drop by on Monday to inspect. Only 117,000 on the clock and things are failing one after another over the past 3 months.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
if it was a wheel bearing you would also hear it,i would say she has smacked a kerb and bent the tierod perhaps

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
This afternoon after doing my own inspection I noticed something odd with my rear driver side wheel while I had the front jacked up on the driver side I put it too having that side jacked that it looked odd but when I jacked the front passenger side it still looked odd. I jacked the rear driver side to find the the tyre has a bulge in it on the inner part of the tread so problem solved need new tyres. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
if you bought the tyres new they should replace it for free as it is a manufacturing fault,i have had this before,the noise I was talking about was if its the wheel bearing you will hear a grinding noise not a thudding as you say-lol

good to hear you have found the problem

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
if you bought the tyres new they should replace it for free as it is a manufacturing fault,i have had this before,the noise I was talking about was if its the wheel bearing you will hear a grinding noise not a thudding as you say-lol

good to hear you have found the problem

There 5+ years now they were brand new when I brought the car from a Holden dealership in Geelong.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
wish my tyres lasted that long-lol
the tyres I believe have a lifetime warranty on the sidewalls however the dealer wouldn't have kept the receipt I wouldn't have thought,you could still ask the tyre shop and they may be able to put a claim in to the manufacturer but to much time may have passed

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
wish my tyres lasted that long-lol
the tyres I believe have a lifetime warranty on the sidewalls however the dealer wouldn't have kept the receipt I wouldn't have thought,you could still ask the tyre shop and they may be able to put a claim in to the manufacturer but to much time may have passed

Nothing I can do about any warranty on them as I do not have proof of purchase. I also don't do much driving in my wagon.