No I didn’t,
I have looked at a different console top that is enclosed, because when you remove the fitting with the flip top cover, It leaves a large gap on the passengers side of the consule top.
Some time ago when I started resurrecting the Adventra,
I did look at various option, and still looking,
I did see online a replacement top, inc the dash front for $200, but a different colour that is normally found in the VY Adventta.
After seeing that, I figured, I can live with how it’s is for the moment, till I find what I’m looking for.
I may of found [fingers crossed] the issue with the P0420 that's been hounding me for a while,
The Bank 1 post o2 sensor looks to be a different type/style [non OEM] to what should be in it,
Where as I did clean them both (pre & post) not long ago, and it seemed to be ok,
But a couple of weeks ago, the MIL activated, and again it was the P0420 DTC.
So after further investigations, I figured, I will try replacing the 02 sensors, being the cheaper option as this stage, as the price for a CAT is over the top,
I sourced a full set of OEM o2 sensors, second hand though, as funds are a bit tight at the moment,
Cleaned the 4 of them up and decided to install Bank 1 Pre and Post at the moment, as Bank 2 isn't broken at the moment
But I found the Bank 1 Post o2 sensor was a Aftermarket one [skinny type] and possibly has failed,
Being the Pre OEM one is a different type/shape/size [5 wire], (and Post is a 4 wire) and is spec'd for the LY7, hopefully it will fix the issue
So we will see how that rolls for the next week or two.
I was saying to another member, I am still finding little quirky things with the Adventra in the past 10 months of owning it
The pre sensor I removed seemed to have yellow carbon on it, maybe Sulphur exhaust gasses ?
Not sure what that is from.
Well the MIL came on again,
But it’s now a 2197 DTC code,
Bank 2 Sensor 1 it appears, running lean.
I have reset it a few times thinking it’s fuel related, but unfortunately it’s not.
After reading a bit more about the 2197 DTC,
It was time to investigate further,
Disconnect the battery,
Removed O2 sensors,
I loosened the engine pipe section (section the CAT is located in) and had it ready to remove,
I then had remove the transmission cross member under the transfer case, but at that end of the transmission it is also bolted to the chassis, so it was easy to remove crossmember,
I removed the heat shield from the manifold,
Removed the dipstick and tube,
Removed all the manifold bots and removed the exhaust manifold, wanting to see if it was cracked,
But luckily it’s wasn’t,
Cleaned the manifold surface up,
Cleaned the gaskets up, as they were still in good condition,
Cleaned the head exhaust ports up ready to refit everything,
Cleaned the engine pipe/CAT section out, ran some degreaser through it, back flush it,
Then hosed it out with fresh water,
And the flow through was very good,
Re-fitted it all,
Took it for 2 long road tests, and seems to be ok,
If it does activate again,
I will bite the bullet and replace Spark Plugs, coils and injectors,
Only thing left will then be the CAT and/or centre muffler, however, it does have a “H” section before the centre mufflers, so one would assume it shouldn’t be causing the MIL with that end of the exhaust.