Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Adventra - Fuel Consumption Gauge 99.9L/100km

Pricey88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Just bought a Adventra. Driving out of the dealership the gauge was reading 99.9L/100km. I thought it was an error, or that the car had been sitting idling. No worries.

Reset the gauge and trip by holding "SET".

No matter what I change (I looked at all the menu options), the gauge either reads 0.00 L/100km or 99.9 L/100km. The average speed reading is way low - like around 3 km/h average. But the speedo and rev counters work fine. The fuel gauge works fine. Basically everything works fine except the computer is giving me these bogus numbers.

I filled up the other day and the actual consumption was around 13L/km city driving which is typical for this vehicle. So its not using 99L/100km!

Just wondering if anyone knows where the gauge gets its signals from and if the sender can become faulty? Given the speedo and fuel gauge are working OK, I'm thinking there might be a fuel flow sensor or secondary speed sensor somewhere?

I can't find anything about this online, just people wondering why their car gets 99.9L/100km when it sits idling (which is because its using fuel whilst driving 0 km). This is not my question - its an issue with the dash or sender.

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
Sounds like your trip computer is set to instant fuel use but in saying that i'm not sure why it would be reading 99.9l/100km at idle.
it should go to litres per hour at idle

Pricey88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Sounds like your trip computer is set to instant fuel use but in saying that i'm not sure why it would be reading 99.9l/100km at idle.
it should go to litres per hour at idle

So once I reset it, after a 25km drive today in the city it was displaying 0.00 L / 100km with an average speed of 3.45 km/h.

I've got no idea why. Its not throwing any other errors. Just these bogus numbers.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
That display usually comes up after the battery has been disconnected,
and the trip computer had not been reset.

Pricey88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
That display usually comes up after the battery has been disconnected,
and the trip computer had not been reset.
OK. I'll disconnect the battery and reset the trip computer today and see if that fixes it! Thanks Krusing.