Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Adventra Gearbox Conversion..

Tim_in_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 SX6 Adventra
Has anyone come across a Holden Adventra with a 5 or 6 speed Manual. Can this be done?, every Adventra I have seen is an Auto. Did they produce them with a manual. Did you get a choice if you ordered one.
Cheers :banstick:

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
i have a feeling that the manual doesn't fit in there with the 4wd system.

Tim_in_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 SX6 Adventra
Yeah I thought that and after looking underneath it appears the 5l40E Gearbox is bolted to the transfer case with some pissy little coupling ... What makes an engineering guru unable to do this to the 6 speed Manual??......... off to the finance minister for a purchase order to buy a gear box and a transfer case. This will be interesting:hiding:

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
every Adventra I have seen is an Auto.
Yep, every single Commodore AWD derivative sold through dealers were auto, be it Adventra, Crewman or One Toner.
Did you get a choice if you ordered one.
Nope.
Did they produce them with a manual.
Now that's a different question! ;) Yes they did. And they even applied to CAMS for an exemption to to the rules to run a manual AWD Commodore in the ARC when one wasn't available from the dealership. I'm also sure (but don't quote me) that green hatchback Commodore show car they made was a 6 speed manual with the AWD system.

Tim_in_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 SX6 Adventra
Yep, every single Commodore AWD derivative sold through dealers were auto, be it Adventra, Crewman or One Toner.

Nope.

Now that's a different question! ;) Yes they did. And they even applied to CAMS for an exemption to to the rules to run a manual AWD Commodore in the ARC when one wasn't available from the dealership. I'm also sure (but don't quote me) that green hatchback Commodore show car they made was a 6 speed manual with the AWD system.

who has this Green Haha Hatchback commodore now- Does anyone know???:computer:

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
who has this Green Haha Hatchback commodore now- Does anyone know???:computer:

Holden does down at Fishermans bend, there was a guy a couple of years ago that had a coupe converted to manual saw him in a targa race cant remember which one it was though. So I'd say it can be done.

chocco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SportWagon, VZ Crewman Cross 8
Yes it can but its not cheap, Monaro Performance in Cambellfield, Victoria. Before I got my VESS I was looking at a Adventra but the missus only drives manual, so Harrop put me onto them, but the cost put me off. $25000 this is drive in drive out, new diff's, new gearbox, brandnew fabricated parts, tune, etc,etc. They converted 2 Coupe 4's.

Would be a hell of a car in manual.

Home Page

Darkman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E
Yes it can but its not cheap, Monaro Performance in Cambellfield, Victoria. Before I got my VESS I was looking at a Adventra but the missus only drives manual, so Harrop put me onto them, but the cost put me off. $25000 this is drive in drive out, new diff's, new gearbox, brandnew fabricated parts, tune, etc,etc. They converted 2 Coupe 4's.

Would be a hell of a car in manual.

Home Page

Is this a recent price or does anyone have any other recent info on this? Had my Addy for 6 months and love it but am missing my manuals.

chocco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SportWagon, VZ Crewman Cross 8
Was about 12 months ago, also recently found out HPF in dandy did a conversion as well dont know the price though.

Darkman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E
thanks for the update chocco