Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Adventra LX6 - Dash errors, fuel gauge not working, ABS warning

Ted Nash

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6
Hi all,
thanks for your input to this helpful forum.
Recently got my VZ Adventra LX6. Love it. Haven't owned a Holden since my VL days and I'm glad to be back.
Yesterday I awoke to find that upon start up I had a problem....

* Fuel/temp gauges move from resting to Empty/0 degrees postition only
* "Very low fuel" warning (on a full tank)
* "service error contact dealer" warning
* no control over things like dashlight brightness, central locking options etc.
* ABS and SRS warning lights illuminated

Everything else from stereo / aircon to Power button and flappy paddle gearbox all work fine, but it seems like no info from sensors is getting through to dash computer - at least it's working well enough to complain about the missing data.

Can any one offer suggestions please?
Could it be a fault in the BCM?
Thanks
Ted

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
sounds more like a can bus error no data getting to the dash how olds the battery try disconnecting the battery for a few mins to reset everything if that dont do any thing take it to a dealership or a mechanic that can scan the computer

Boots & All

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LX8 Adventra
Gday all,

Im new to this & need your help (bigtime)!

I have similar issues + more & have taken the car to 3 mechanics (7 times) including the local Holden dealer!

This is what happens?

Cold start runs fine & everyting works, Drive down the road for aprox 5 minutes & this happens:

Dash lights go out
Gauges drop out
Speedo/Taco drop out
All warnings flash up (ABS, Service Vehicle, & heap of others warnings & buzza's)

Also sometimes but not always:

The radio drops out
The climate control drops out

All of the above happens for about 5 minutes, somtimes the dash flickers on/off like its a loose conection?

After driving for aprox 15 minutes all the above comes good & may not happen for hours?

Always happens after starting the car & driving for 5 minutes weather hot or cold?

Been a real head FXXXXXXXX for the 3 mechanics that have worked on it, taken the car home & tested everything you can think of etc....

Had the car for 12 months & this has only started since LPG was installed - Could this be a computor issue?

Can anyone help??????

Cheers Boots....

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
After about 5 minutes is when the coolant temp is about high enough to let the LPG engage, so yes it sounds like an LPG issue.