Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Adventra SX6/CX6

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Just wondering if anyone here owns one, or knows someone who does, that we can ask questions of?

We've got a fairly large boat and we use our VS Exec to tow it. We've heard of the transmission problems associated with the VS verses towing and got some work done on it a few months back with the plan on running the VS into the ground over the next 4 or so years until its completely dead.

Finally on the weekend we took the boat out and :b: theyve made it worse. It shdders in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. It makes a grinding noise in all gears, even on the flat freeway. It cant decide which gear it wants and at 80 k's dabs back to 2nd then 3rd then 4th then back to 3rd then 4th then tried 2nd again just to be sure.

So we're considering the Adventra CX6 (so its got Active Select this time) if its everything Holden says it is it should be a decent car to pull the boat

But we're just trying to find out, more then anything, true fuel consumption figures on the new VZ sixes, especially city driving. We can find reviews that talk about its got good or bad figures on the Alloytec, but no one really lists them!

The other thing we want to find out is any problems with them and owners thoughts. I say this because we've got an SV6 (company car minus the towbar!) and its already had some minor problems since about 3 weeks old, problems you wouldnt expect with such a hyped about car!

Adventra LX6

Reaction score
Members Ride
LX6 Adventra
Fuel

I have an LX6 that has less than 3000km and it gets around 14.5-16 L/100 at the moment on country roads.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
dunno if this is any help but we have a CX8 adventra and on country roads we get from 13 to 16L/100 but its ability to tow is awesome, we towed our boat with it and there was no difference in economy while towing the boat (except uphill). this is the v8 so i dont know if youre really interested in what i just said or not, cant say much about sixes though.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Lx6, thanks for that! I see you registered just to reply to my topic and its appreciated!

I'm surprised its that high fuel consumption, but it sounds about right from what I hear

Other then that do you like it? Have you had any issues with it?

Big Stretch, thanks for that too. I dont know how much different a 6 would be, I'd imagine fuel would go up a fraction, then again the Adventra is designed for towing so who knows!

Adventra LX6

Reaction score
Members Ride
LX6 Adventra
Fuel

HI

Had to travel to Sydney yesterday and i recorded the following Consumption first long trip in a while.

10.7 L/100km and 11.9 L/100km on the return trip.

Apart from that i love the car well featured good road feel, could do with a little more low down grunt but works well in the higher revs.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Ok I've been speaking with some Holden mechanics and they've said for some reason they've found with the V6 Adventra's, the owners have found better fuel consumption with the more K's they put on the clock???

I realise yours is still only practically new, it must be what, a few weeks old? I'm only taking a guess but it sounds like yours might be headed down the same track.

I'd be driving ours to and from work, but I leave home before peak hour traffic and leave work before afternoon peak hour, so its more country driving on the freeway then stop start of peak hour.

We're still seriously looking at them, possibly buying one in the next few weeks, but please keep me updated with your consumption levels because we're still trying to factor in our running costsd as best we can!!

Adventra LX6

Reaction score
Members Ride
LX6 Adventra
Fuel

Yes i think your right. The more Km's we put on the better it seems to get.

Yes its about 3 weeks old.

I will keep you posted.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
we're going to take one or 2 for a test drive from different dealerships on the weekend anyway, and see what the computer says fuel usage is, then ask the salesman why is it so high and see how they respond.

We all ready know the fuel usage wont be right, especially demos as their usually well and truley flogged by "future customers", even when a salesman is in the passenger seat, and seeing as the computer works out usage by "your" driving habits ...

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
well ...

Went to one dealer who had the LX6 on display (up on ramps though) and was more then happy to help, until he learnt that dad is considering buying it via some lease agreement. We went from the more then helpful to the "youll have to see the fleet salesman on monday".

We stood in the pouring rain for 10 mins while he found the fleet guys card, then we stood for another 15 mins while he looked for the VZ Adventra brouchure.

He then kindly took us for a walk 'round back where they had a brand new SX6 (whatever the base model is), although it was rush rush, dad sat down in the car, the dealer looked at me in my HRT jacket and said "quite obviously you can see its a base model, the CX6 is the acclaim version and the LX6 is the Calais version. If you know what these cars are then you know what to expect in the interior". I tried to get into the car but once dad got out of the drivers seat the door was shut and we were away. We could take the LX6 out because it was too difficult to remove from the display stand.

The second dealer we visited didnt want to talk to us. We got out of our SV6, walked over the to Adventra. Sat in it for ages, and not one salesman come over. I even blasted the horn and left the lights on high beam and hazard lights on to try and get attention, but no one come over, so we got bored and walked out.

The third dealer didnt have any at all

The fourth dealer asked were we interested in the wagons. Dad replied we're looking at an Adventra V6. The salesman paused for a bit and said "we've got 6 coming in, but their all sold. Theres a massive waiting list for V6 Adventras because Holden is only releasing them in batches of 50 to 100 at a time" Dad asked could he let us know when they have one avaliable "err yes but it wont be for a while and I dont have a card on me"

The fifth dealer had shut shop and moved, but where too we dont know. The dealer thats moved in tried to sell us Honda CRX's, Nissan Pulsars and Skylines!

So tomorrow ive got a mate coming over (hes a massive ford fan so he'll enjoy the walk) and we're going to a few dealers that are more out of the area (closer to the city then more South in the afternoon)

Dad isnt sure if he likes the LX6 yet, Ive been trying to get him into the Lx6 because I want a sunroof and the SS style headlights and foglights, but he's still thinking whether he likes the black interior (he prefers the silver from the SV6) and whether he likes the guages or not. We had a VZ SS for a few weeks earlier this year which he loved, but for some reason hes not too keen on the interior of the LX6 (which is almost identical to the SS)

But at this stage it seems the LX6 is all we can at least touch at some dealerships!

Anyway hopefully we can take one for a test drive tomorrow, hopefully!

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
well, it took long enough but we finally got there

The first dealer today I had been speaking with earlier, they could only get in second hand cars, but I thought they meant VZ's because I was told their "brand new". In acctual fact he meant VY LX8's ... no good!

By the time we got to the second dealer it was pouring with rain, but we saw one in their lot as we drove past. The rain started to really pour as we walked into the lot so we jumped inside and come actoss a CX6 inside anyway!

We took their demo CX6 out for a drive and dad has decided to get one, despite what we've heard about fuel. The label and the dealer proclaimed 13.7 or something per 100 km's, but going off what youve said its a bit over the place.

The CX6 is nice, I wanted the LX6 but dad hated the interior (cx isnt much better) :unsure: