Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Aerial wiring

fraserb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman
Hi all.
I have a VZ crewman with an aftermarket head unit that was installed about 4 months ago.
about a month ago the aerial stopped working. so I removed the inner guard etc and pulled it out and replaced it with a new one. But that still doesnt work.

currently the grey wire is getting power from the headunits auto aerial lead and the green wire is getting no power.

what are the green and the grey wires feeding the aerial ment to be producing? is the grey tripping the relay in the aerial? the green is 12v?

any help much appreciated, the whole unit is almost due to fly over the neighbours house..........

fraserb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman
had another go at it.
the aerial lead on the stereo is putting out 12v when it is on Radio but when it plugs into the yellow/red it drops to about .5v
the grey wire to the aerial is getting that .5v the green wire is getting nothing

stupid car

fraserb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman
cheers for that Alien. I had a look thru what I found with the search but hadnt found that.

what I have now worked out is that the old aerial is fine! but still havnt worked out why the aerial out drops from 12v to .5v when I connect it to the yellow/red wire.....

I could just run a 12v to the red wire and the antenna out direct to the white wire. but thats getting a bit dodgy!! I would rather still use the correct wiring if possible