Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz airbag help

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
hey guys,

i recently bought some leather seats for my VZ. was second hand. anyways they are all in and the srs airbag code is flashing. i am a mechanic so i plugged in the scan tool and deleted the code as it was always going to be thrown up when changing the seats. however as soon as i deleted the code it reappeared. with the code for the side airbags. i am thinking i had bought seats out of a vy? is this possible and where is the plug for the side airbags as i cant find them in the wireing harness in the car. if these are indeed vy seats am i able to mimmic the airbag sensor that it doesn't throw up the code.

also because of this code will it stop the horn as it doesn't work. however it does when locking the car so i can be a fuze

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
the horn for the immobilizer(located under bonnet near windscreen) is a different horn to the steering wheel(under front bumper).
the seats should have 3 plugs. 1 for the power seats, 1 for the self tensioner and 1 for the air bag module under the seat.
i guess if you don't have side air bag on the new seats you could tell the tech II it doesn't have side air-bag.

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
the horn for the immobilizer(located under bonnet near windscreen) is a different horn to the steering wheel(under front bumper).
the seats should have 3 plugs. 1 for the power seats, 1 for the self tensioner and 1 for the air bag module under the seat.
i guess if you don't have side air bag on the new seats you could tell the tech II it doesn't have side air-bag.

yeah man im not sure if the code scanner is a full tech II but i cant find 3 plugs for the airbags in the car, but i am right in saying the horn doesn't work because of the airbag fault?

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
did the horn work prior to seat installation?

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
This is my understanding of some of the changes to the VZ SV6. It may help throw some light on the seat/airbag issue.

I have a first release September 2004 build SV6, with the 5 speed auto. It did not come with LSD or driver/passenger seat side airbags.
There was a model upgrade in April 2005, which became known as the MY05. Holden dropped the old re-badging formula and did not call it a Series 2 as they had done with the VT and VT Series 2 releases.

The April 2005 upgrade did get LSD and driver/passenger seat side airbags and a different rack & pinion unit. There were possibly more, but these are the significant ones I have found when buying spares etc.

My SV6 is grouped in with the MY05 for most Holden spare parts purchases. Then they want the VIN and sometimes the various details from the under bonnet compliance plates.