Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Aircondition

190SV6

I have a 05 SV6 and i have noticed that the aircon takes over a minute to start blowing cool air. I was wondering if any other VZ owners have the same or is it a problem with my aircon that i should see the dealership about.

Thanks.

S

stew7700

Same here mate, i'm not too worried about it... remeber it will take a bit longer if its a stinking hot day too...

molantz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5
yeh it does take a bit. my previous car had crazy cold aircon so its nice not to get frozen instantly!

190SV6

yeah thanks guys, just thought i would check but i was pretty sure that if it turns cold the compressor etc is still going ok.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Don't stress mate, my ute was same, but on a hot day was bout 2mins before it got cold, it worked and that's all that I cared about. I agree with molantz would be nice to get the comfort increase gradually and not instant.

Troy, stop sticking ya arse against the air vents and you won't get that smell :p.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
ShanghaiVZ said:
Troy, stop sticking ya arse against the air vents and you won't get that smell :p.

maybe its cos i recycle the air and i always fart in the car...?

and my sister also agrees that aircon smells like bum and/or feet when you first turn it on

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
my air con is fairly similar, takes a minute or two.

the other thing i have noticed (especially when i went on holidays recently with a huge load) it seems that at high rpms the a/c cuts out, im thinking maybe for more power or something ...

i first noticed it pulling out onto the highway etc, floor it to 100 and it seems the air goes warmer, once you click her into 6th and start cruising it goes back to normal.

i noticed it a few times when on my holiday, had a boat full and the back of the ute full, i needed to go 3rd gear up a few hills to hold 100km's ....

has anyone else ever noticed this ?

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Sammy, now that I can say is perfectly normal :). Under WOT the a/c with turn off to give you every inch of available power to your right foot.