Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz alarm going off

unclelarge

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6cyl
Any body had trouble with the alarm activating once you open the door with remote???Only does it now and again. Can i disable the alarm without taking the bcm out again?? Would appreciate any feedback .... Cheers: ::surprise:

Coaly69

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ SV8 Auto
As in the alarm goes off and does not stop until key is in the ignition or does it do a few fast beeps? A few fast beeps happens when you lock/unlock it with a door ajar.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
It is of interest to me. Despite being as deaf as a doorknob and missing such excitement as alarms going off, there is no shortage of very kind people to tap me on the shoulder to advise me the alarm "in that bloody car!" has tripped because I have not shut my or other doors properly — the situation that has been noted in the preceding post. A press of the Mode button will stop the horn (temporarily) until the ignition is started, which resets it. How much of a relief is that? :)

How many horns are in the VZ?? I used mine last weekend to scatter 3 emus on the road at Wilsons Promontory, but instead, they headed straight for me. We pulled the whole 360 thing in the gravel while the big-headed birds strutted around nonchalantly. Other "horns" that I miss are police with sirens on giving chase: the young ones Senior Constables, even the Sergeants, think I am a P-plater or a youngster in a hotted up Commodore (I certainly do not look 50, but more like 20 and left P-Plates 27 year ago!). Case in question, Forrest-Birregurra Road, last September: "Why did it take you 18km to stop with my warning sirens on!?", sayeth the aggitated man in blue. I didn't see the lights (mirror in night mode) and I certainly didn't hear the sirens... "On yer way...".

Coaly69

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ SV8 Auto
Haha that brightened my day mate. Always glad to hear "On yer way..." Instead of the pink book coming out.

unclelarge

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6cyl
No when remote is activated to OPEN door, all is well untill i open the door.Then have to lock /open with remote to stop alarm. VERY annoying. Any ideas out there ?????
As in the alarm goes off and does not stop until key is in the ignition or does it do a few fast beeps? A few fast beeps happens when you lock/unlock it with a door ajar.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Oh, he had a pink book alright, thumping it onto the roof with such almighty force it would wake the dead to hear.
No ticket, just a "friendly" discourse (he was a Leading Senior Constable)
Interestingly the Police patrolling that way now ignore me on my regular runs out that neck of the woods, save for any bad driving (I strive not to do any of that...).

Coaly69

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ SV8 Auto
Yeah thank god for cruise control, had more speeding tickets in my missus hyundai getz than my vy. 10k over the limit you can get away with, Capricorn highway is 110 so 120 is a good cruise.

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
Does the alarm sound only when you open the drivers door?
What does the lcd window display after you have disabled the alarm then key in ignition 'on'? Should indicate what zone triggered alarm.

jdrVZute

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Vee Zed Ute
Apparently the alarm will go off if you try to unlock it a different way from previously locking it. E.g. If you lock it with the buzzer, and then try unlocking by key, the alarm will sound, and vice versa. Hopefully this helps?