Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ alloy tech v6 oil filter housing broken

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Any update on this OP? @VZ Alzo
@VZ Alzo joined 19 Jan, his last posted was 20 Jan and was last on the forums 27 Jan this year...

Im also curious to know how he progressed with removing the oil cover... with pics :p

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
While I fully understand what you mean by chiseling it off and agree it is the best method, I am sure most people would not understand until shown how to do it.

And Big Red Go Kart the filter wrench will not work, way too flimsy

Best bet is stillsons or foot prints but not easy to use in that position

Actually it does, and did work on the VZ oil filter housing cap that was replaced in Albany/WA in 2011. Exactly the way I described was the way the techie removed it. No fuss, no strain, no fanfare. Removed, thrown out, new one replaced.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Actually it does, and did work on the VZ oil filter housing cap that was replaced in Albany/WA in 2011. Exactly the way I described was the way the techie removed it. No fuss, no strain, no fanfare. Removed, thrown out, new one replaced.

It depends on the oil filter wrench, a cheapy yea it will fail but a decent one yea it will work. I used to have a ABW one untill it walk about. I saw a new blue point one the other day and they look even stronger a new design I think.