Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Alloytec 175 2 Hole mod

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
i highly doubt they'll even realise you cut a hole in your box and i dont think they would be able to get you for it anyway..

Brake

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06
Did the 2 hole mod today.

Happy with the results, haven't driven it long enough to notice economy improvements but I definitely notice a deeper growl. + A lil more power higher end.

METLA1

Reaction score
Members Ride
78 statesman
2 hole mod

Hey guys i done the same thing a while bak way better sound an a we bit more pull up in the rev range i also took the air filter out an put a 45 dgree bend inside the air box an put a pod filter inside was a tight fit but i got it but due to the air flow sensor at idle if ya gave it a quick rev the revs took ages to drop bak down an sittin on 100kmph the rev counter would fluxuate up an down just a wee bit but i could feel it.......so the pod idea mite have to wait for a mafless tune

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
Find a pod that will fit on straight, then it wont cause the airflow to have a different velocity at each side of the pipe. The more constant you can make the airflow past the maf the better.

Raph

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6
what about the electronic air sensor? does it have bad affects to the engine in the long run? because the ecu is programmed to recieve air from one source (which is the factory hole they put) then when you put the second hole, does it mess up the intake to the engine? or damage the engine in anyway?

Phillshz

Reaction score
Members Ride
car
No it`s fine,plenty of people run worked engines through MAF`s. Even HSV open up the stock bottom section of the airbox for more intake air.

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
what about the electronic air sensor? does it have bad affects to the engine in the long run? because the ecu is programmed to recieve air from one source (which is the factory hole they put) then when you put the second hole, does it mess up the intake to the engine? or damage the engine in anyway?

Remember that your maf is further downstream from your airbox, the only problem you could have is if you have a leak after the sensor.

Jakie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Hey guys,
I just did this mod to my Vz and taking it out for a spin It come up with the check powertrain error and was shaking on idle.

Anyone know what it might be?
Thanks.