Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Alloytec 175 2 Hole mod

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
the car went into the mechanics on Saturday for a service and the guys asked me "whats different about your car".

They told me they service many VZ's and they took mine for a spin round the block, put the foot into it to give it a good clean out and noticed an "awesome vaccum roar type sound while the car just took off from under me like Ive never experienced in a VZ V6". They then said "we had a good look when we got it back, its a stock exhaust and we can see theres no pod filter, whats different?" (coz I told them to leave the air filter alone as its a K and N so they had no reason to rip the lid off the air box)

With the radiator shroud back on you cant see the airbox mod so it does look stock which is good too!!

VT Berlina 07

15.37 @ 147 KPH
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 EF2 Futura I6 Auto
lol i know, its sounds good. it makes people look. eg when in 2nd gear @ about 50ks and nail it theres that sound:yeah:

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
do u have any pics of the mod ? i keep forgetting to have a look :p

colk

VZ 3.6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6 Exec
does anyone know if it effects holden warrenty? I am getting the dreaded vz knock in the diff and dont want to give em any reason to void warrenty? although then again modding the air intake cannot effect anything with the diff or trans so it shouldn't be an issue?

=SKB=

Reaction score
does anyone know if it effects holden warrenty? I am getting the dreaded vz knock in the diff and dont want to give em any reason to void warrenty? although then again modding the air intake cannot effect anything with the diff or trans so it shouldn't be an issue?

Maybe waiting until your diff gets sorted would be the better option.

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Maybe waiting until your diff gets sorted would be the better option.

Yeah i have to agree, if it was me i wouldnt be doing it until, the warrenty is over, just incase

-SV6-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
It is a cheap mod. Buy another airbox and do the mod to it and keep a spare for services or warranty.

Burnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute/VT Sedan
Has anyone dynoed this mod? What might be nice is a series of runs from stock with stock airfliter, stock box with K&N, K&N with 1 ram tube, K&N with 2 ram tubes.

It does sound like nearly free HP though, and I never look a gift horse in the mouth!!!!

Scottyo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7l
I did this mod a few months back and I definitely noticed a difference. Although its not much, for the cost its worth the effort! As for sucking in hot air, if you make the pipes as long as possible then the ends actually sit behind the headlight so it only sucks in cool air not all the air from the engine bay. Here's a couple of pics from when I did mine

Yes it will be sucking hot air :bang:you have to fit the shroud that comes standard on the VY After shroud then you will notice difference 2 fold....
Just took some pics off the phone camera, so they are a little grainy. As you can see the cut out is towards the upper part of the shroud, this shroud was part # 92096849 (only came with the single hole to suit VZ Monaro). but all that has to be done is trim away the section and it should fit in. It will take some squeezing to get it into place and fit snug behind the headlight. I had to get some extra foam tape to seal everything up nice and tight.

These photos will show you how to do the Monaro Cold Air Intake You have to cut 2nd hole in the shroud.

air3.jpg

air2.jpg

air4.jpg

Hope this helps guys and happy modding:whistling