Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Alloytec 175 2 Hole mod

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey guys!

Is there a way that the two hole mod can be done using flexible piping to capture cold air from the big voids in the lower front of an SV6??

Is there enough room at the side of the radiator to run the piping around, anyone know??

I guess what im saying is, is behind the headlight the only place that you can run the pipe to draw cold air??

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
dunno bout SV6 but when i looked at doing that with the 175 it would need some pretty heat resistant piping, because it will touch the radiator hose at some point, and that gets bloody hot!

I think it can be done, but as I said, needs to have fairly heat resistant hose

Logan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS Ute
VZ - V6 Two hole mod

Hey CMA

- I did the Two hole mod the other weekend on my 2005 VZ ute using flexi-pipe.

3" Pipe cost $30 from Super-cheap and comes with a couple of tension clamps (not needed for Two hole mod)

I drilled into the SIDE of the air-box as opposed to the front (side furthest from engine), and then ran the flexi-pipe out and down under the head light.

The head light has to come out to get the pipe through, and then the pipe has to be squished a wee bit to get the light back in.

From there it is pinned up beside the horn to suck cold air from the small grill hole to the right of the number plate. (This grill is normally filled with a solid plastic facia, but I have ripped them out and put steel mesh in instead.

Will get a better line-up with the grill hole when I move the horn out of the way this weekend, but currently getting a dramatic improvement to pick-up around 3500 - 5000 rpm.

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
Mod completed! soiunds abit deeper unnder acceleration didnt notice any power or economy gains tho :S

Law84

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Executive 3.6L V6
Nice mod, need to assign a weekend to do it.

kpop

Reaction score
got a question about this mod. is it nesecary to have a flared end of the pipe? or is this purely cosmetic and to match the original pipe ?

http://swingtan.customer.netspace.net.au/2hole.html

"This is an inside job as I’ll need to heat the tube to create the flared end. First I sanded the end to make sure it was flat. Then gave it a once over to clean off any dirt. To make the flange I needed something to form it on."

this:
S11.jpg

to this:
S15.jpg

mohd_vip7

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lumina S(Commodore v6)
thanxxxX...its really nice idea

but i have a Q ...

does it sucking hot air??

and as i saw in the pics... i have to remove the plastic pipe which take the air from up ?

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I'm thinking about doing the two hole mod to my airbox at some stage with some 90mm or 75mm flexi pipe. Would probably try bend it around the coolant tube and direct it to the top or bottom of the headlight. Any1 got any better suggestions or tips. I would like to get it closer to the back of the headlight than some of the pictures on this thread show.
Also would a bigger maf pipe help aswell or would it not make too much difference? Heard they're pretty expensive but not sure how much exactly

mohd_vip7

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lumina S(Commodore v6)
Logan

can u plz upload PIcs about wt usaid

i want to do th 2 hole mod ..but as i red ur idea is better