Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz alloytec accelerating problems

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
BAGGED 04 VY SS S2 HBD MANUAL UTE
you could always just pull out the three plugs that are easy to get to and have a look at them... it could very well be one of your coils aswell, finding out which one will be process of elimination.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
you could always just pull out the three plugs that are easy to get to and have a look at them... it could very well be one of your coils as well, finding out which one will be process of elimination.

If it is a coil a corresponding Trouble Code would be shown; no code = no glitch with coil(s).

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
you could always just pull out the three plugs that are easy to get to and have a look at them... it could very well be one of your coils aswell, finding out which one will be process of elimination.
Um which 3 plugs are easy to get to ? I though the manifold had to be removed to get to any of them ?

danryan

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais vz berlina
i dont think they have ever been changed

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Plugs last anywhere between 100,000 and 120,000km if the correct plugs for Alloytec engines were specified (platinum).
Do you have any idea at all when they may have been installed?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
IF its only done 105K they will be the original plugs

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
BAGGED 04 VY SS S2 HBD MANUAL UTE
you can definantly remove both back ones and i think the middle drivers side plug by just removing the engine covers. the coils are held in with one bolt each about 10mm head then with a little bit of force they pop out. its easier if you can remove the input plug first. i had a faulty coil and there were no error codes until the diagnostics machine was plugged in, pin pointed misfire in the exact cylinder. since plugs were new just got new coil and fixed the problem instantly.

Jaydenvz

White knuckle fever
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz excecutive ute
I had a similar problem with mine but it was due to the cats well at least one of them being stuffed I had a slight vw bettleish sound to it between 1200 - 2000rpm don't know if this is what you are experiencing mine had only done 55000ks but I bought it new and have driven it pretty hard