Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Alloytec] VZ alloytec decrease of cc help

offroad2006

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz alloytec proclass buggy
HI there Guys

Was looking for some help with some info on the VZ 175kw alloytec motor. Was looking to have the cc's dropped back so that it was at 3.5ltrs not the 3.6ltr so that i can turbo the motor but we can only go to a max of 6ltr with a turbo ( race regs - 3.6 x 1.7=6.12ltrs need it at 3.5 x 1.7=5.95ltrs) as you can see from the pic this is in a proclass offroad buggy that we race. So was looking for a quick cheap way to do so and any info on places that may sell the parts to do it (if this can be done? ) Any help would be great

Cheers Offroad

Attachments

• bug3.jpg
    bug3.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 151
  • 19112010523.jpg
    19112010523.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 142

Haltech 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim & HSV XU6 VT II
Forget the Ecotec and go and get a 3.5 V6 out of a Jackeroo or Rodeo they are dohc and multivalve and put out more stock power than an ecotec.
Chris

lein

Comrade Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202/4sp
After re-reading what I wrote I realise that I should wait until the second coffee of the day before posting anything.

I was just checking wikipedia page on alloytec's and like Dr Goggles says below there are 3.2L versions in the Holden Captiva, maybe they can have an increase to 3.5L, Or a 3.0L From a SIDI VE...

Just a few more ideas.

Last edited:

Dr Goggles

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Salt lakester
I think that the newer ones are a 3.6 and the earlier ones were badged as a 3.5 but came in at 3.2...there are a bunch of GM engines on the Buick V6 wiki page that differ in capacity from the 3.6 and 3.8 but most of the ones in the 3.5 range are 3510 which is no good if you're under strict class limits.............

You might be better off with an offset grind on the Alloytec crank, that might get you under 3500 , I just happen to have a brand new 190kw Allytec if you want to make a fresh start, it's competitively priced too....

That rig looks mad, is it for the Finke?

offroad2006

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea mate it is for finke and all the other National rounds around OZ. And what is a offset grind? i have never heard of it. And what parts and where would i get them? Also its only 35cc's that i have to come down too and not 100cc's (3529cc is what iam looking for which gives me 5999.3 when x1.7) Also would it need the Compression ratio dropped to take a turbo??

Dr Goggles

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Salt lakester
I'm not a turbo expert, there ARE plenty here....................

The Rodeo motor will get you 3510.

An offset grind means welding and regrinding then replating the rod journals on your crank(*) to decrease the stroke of your motor, then you will need to use longer rods(#), and almost certainly custom pistons(+). In the bargain you will get to choose your Comp ratio .......

we are going to build a destroked series 1 but we'll be using a crank from a 3 litre motor. You might find that with a crank from one of the US motors you can get the stroke you need, for less than what an O.G crank would cost.

(*) not cheap.
(#) not cheap either
(+)never heard of them giving these away

offroad2006

Reaction score
Members Ride
yea no worries. thanks for the info will make a few calls and see what i can find out