Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Alloytec oil pressure sender

DJ Ice

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VE Calais V
Getting the service vehicle soon warning coming up on the dash. Got a friend to run his scan tool over it and came up with fault codes for the oil pressure sender. My question is can you only get a new sender genuine from Holden or are they is also available from the usual aftermarket suppliers.

IPCOlsenVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Commodore Equipe
Id would personally go genuine but it appears Tridon may make the sender for it. Check their listing on the website.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Looks like a common problem for the VZ. Only cost me $75 for a second hand unit fitted at the local mechanics at the 60,000 kms service.

DJ Ice

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VE Calais V
Id would personally go genuine but it appears Tridon may make the sender for it. Check their listing on the website.

Thanks for the heads up on that, part number is TPS073. The part most likely is from the same OEM supplier as genuine so I'll take my chances ;)

DJ Ice

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VE Calais V
Update: Can't find a TPS073 anywhere, most places don't even have the part number listed. Have sent Tridon a polite WTF ;). Bugger might have to go to Holden yet.

Heard back from Tridon, they say out of stock for approx another 2 weeks.

Last edited: