Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz alloytec overheating

Jn089

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 sv6 commodore
Hi guys I have a vz alloytec where the temp guage goes to max in 3 minutes of driving

the engine doesn’t seem that hot but when I turn car off and leave on accessories the thermo fans drop the temp quite quickly

I am going to bleed the cooling system first as I’ve been told this is a problem sometimes

can anyone else offer suggestions please on what else to check?

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
More info needed. How many kms, service history, what changed to to start the overheating?
Do some simple checks. coolant level, no leaks, sufficient coolant flow, blocked radiator air inlet etc.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
bleed it see how ya go, that would be my first thing . send results make sure heater on, do you know how to bleed it

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hi guys I have a vz alloytec where the temp guage goes to max in 3 minutes of driving

the engine doesn’t seem that hot but when I turn car off and leave on accessories the thermo fans drop the temp quite quickly

I am going to bleed the cooling system first as I’ve been told this is a problem sometimes

can anyone else offer suggestions please on what else to check?

Faulty coolant sensor? Cheap and easy to replace while you have the system open and are bleeding it anyway.