Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Alloytec V6 not firing on one bank

PeterC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Thanks we aleady found that all the coils fire. Scan tool would have told us that injectors weren't firing i guess. Likely then that ecu not firing injectors on that bank but is triggering coils ?? Need to check injector firing with a light i think.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Could be something as simple as a fuse. Don't know if one fuse does all of them or there is one fuse for each bank.

*Edit just found that it's one fuse for all.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
When I had my ECM repaired the guy checked and improved the earths for the injector drivers, which he said were common to fail.

PeterC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
There is a fuse per bank on this engine we have checked power gets to the plug. Weird thing that there are no codes indicating why one bank is down suspect both our scan tool and mechanics are crap and don't show. I am suspicious it is a stuck VVT solenoid.. Wonder if could unstick by connecting power backwards... I have a good list of stuff to check now when I get back to vehicle, my son doing HSC so is trying to not think about the car...