Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Alternator Type

Tristan Cupit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 2005
I've just bought a VZ Calais and the alternator light keeps coming on and bugging me. The battery voltage is not going to normal voltage at idle. I suspect new alternator is needed and even if it's just the regulator might as well get new alternator. 250k on the clock.
My question is:
Where would I get a new alternator, and if I find the place there's so many different types like amperage and other things like that I don't know about. Does anyone have any help about the specific type of alternator I need?

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
must be a shop in yass, supercheap, repco, wreckers, do rebuilds here enyway

Tristan Cupit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 2005
I was driving down an 80k stretch when all of a sudden the 'ESC failed' warning popped up. I ignored it and kept driving. A little later it came on again.. strange i thought, but I continued driving. When i got the 'Traction Control' and 'Airbags' failed popped up one after another i got worried. I was nearly home and I lost dash implements. Speedo, tacho, fuel, temp, all of that just got up and died.
My question is:
I'm buying a new alternator because the battery voltage is very low and I might as well for preventative maintenance, but is this just the alternator not charging the battery? Or is there something else causing all the hellish issues?
I was a little worried because I was not sure if i would lose throttle.
Thanks a bunch in advance.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
I've just bought a VZ Calais and the alternator light keeps coming on and bugging me. The battery voltage is not going to normal voltage at idle. I suspect new alternator is needed and even if it's just the regulator might as well get new alternator. 250k on the clock.
My question is:
Where would I get a new alternator, and if I find the place there's so many different types like amperage and other things like that I don't know about. Does anyone have any help about the specific type of alternator I need?
Call holden and give them your vin for a correct part/part number.