Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Alternator upgrade?

gdunkley84

I Have a Dent.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Sportswagon
Been having issues with my stereo draining my battery and the occasional headlight dimming while playing music that has a bit of bass. Looking at holmart.com.au and they have a "VZ Police pack 120Amp alternator" for the alloytec. Just wondering if anyone has one of these and would it help a little with the headlight dimming problems I have. While looking at them they are $30 cheaper that the 100Amp original.

| evaN |

mmm bass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
before you try anything drastic, upgrade you're grounds. eg Battery to chassis. This should solve you're headlight dimming problems. There was a thread on Mobile Electronics Australia | Forums | Product Reviews | Custom Installations | Advice | Tips | Community about it but cbf finding the link. i've got 3000wrms-ish and my headlights dim only if im really really pump it. and IF you're draining your battery then you should really stop bumping your stereo just before you turn your car off. i've got a normal car battery and alternator and its doing fine