Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VZ] VZ and VE - How to change the oil and filter on your Alloytec. (Detailed pictures)

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
ey guys, just double checking, the sump plug is a normal thread? Undo it anti-clockwise?? For an 06 VE calais.

Joshy-

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 3.8
ey guys, just double checking, the sump plug is a normal thread? Undo it anti-clockwise?? For an 06 VE calais.

Yeah mate, undo anti-clockwise,
Lefty loosey, righty tighty.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Thats what I thought lol, spent two hours trying to get the 13mm sump plug off yesterday. Mum got her work hack (Calais) serviced at Barry Burke Holden last service and it just didn't want to come off. Took Bigjim, Capralicious and I 2 hours to get it off today. We threaded the 13mm plug so had to bash on a 12mm spanner! Then smack it with a hammer. Took ages but got it off. Put a new 15mm sump plug on as well. Moral of the story, don't get it serviced at Holden. Last time I did it on my SV6 took me less than 30min lol.

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Thats what I thought lol, spent two hours trying to get the 13mm sump plug off yesterday. Mum got her work hack (Calais) serviced at Barry Burke Holden last service and it just didn't want to come off. Took Bigjim, Capralicious and I 2 hours to get it off today. We threaded the 13mm plug so had to bash on a 12mm spanner! Then smack it with a hammer. Took ages but got it off. Put a new 15mm sump plug on as well. Moral of the story, don't get it serviced at Holden. Last time I did it on my SV6 took me less than 30min lol.

That's true, It sure did take a long time.

After lots of bashing too my was new 12mm spanner this is how it ended up looking like. Lol
3a6fe36e-689c-d5d1.jpg

3a6fe36e-68bc-d2f2.jpg

I couldn't even part them. Lol

chevinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60TH
Great article Luke52, it takes a lot of skill to write a "how to" article that people can easily understand regardless of their skill level, you've achieved that & done it well.

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
Hey guys I'm having problems with my sump plug as its becoming worn out... Where can I get a spare from? Is there a part number

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Straight to the counter at holden mate, they should have a whole bucket of em, about $10 each with a washer. Holden say you should replace it every oil change ...

chris_bexsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 sv6 3.6 vz comodore executive wagon hsv kit
Piece of advice did a oil change on my alloytec vz yesterday used hpr5 penrite be careful when undoing the oil filter cover with a socket with out the extension smacked my hand into the ignition system when it gave way it hurt haha and also if anyone I doing a change on a ex police the steel plate that covers the sump uses the same 13mm socket as the sump plug X 4 one on each corner good idea to put it back to especially if you like me and go to fast over judder bars

Oldhold88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
great guide ever since i started doing my own oil i never went back