Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Auto Sedan Stalling

jarrodp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
Hey guys,

Wondering if anybody could help! I have read a few posts regarding stalling, and the options to fix it include changing the fuel filter, the fuel pump, spark plugs, the battery, the CAS, the DFI, the ECU, the Oxy Sensor etc.

My problem seems to fit between a few of those posts. My VZ started to stall occasionally while idle at the lights, then occasionally while accelerating uphill or even braking downhill. I put this down to needing to change the fuel filter (I haven't yet).

But it's now stalling when I flick the high beams on - also showing an ABS fault on the dash, which is leading me to think it's a battery problem?

Every time it stalls, it starts up again automatically within a second, but leaves my radio off and turns off the A/C function.

Other info: The car starts perfectly. These issues occur regardless of whether I'm using 91, 98 or E10 fuel. At the moment it's filled with Caltex 98 and the problems seem to be occurring a lot more than usual on this tank of fuel.

So before I go replacing everything, any recommendations?

Thanks!

Last edited:

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
It does sound like something between battery and fuel pump. Take it to super cheap, they can't test it for free to try eliminate it.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Failed battery will not cause the car to shut down, a failed alternator and battery will.

jarrodp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
Thanks guys, decided to test all my relays by swapping them around, turns out the Engine Control Relay was starting to become dodgy. Swapped it with the Fan Control #2 relay for the moment before my local Holden gets the part in.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
how old is your key? perhaps a new key remote will fiz your problems, it fixed mine.